Thursday, February 27, 2014

"I am a breathing time machine"...

 I have been taking pictures for a long time.  Not always good pictures mind you, but I have always had a camera in my hand.  Every time we move I know Kevin is secretly cursing my name when we pack up and move box after box of just my photo albums.  We are in the process of designing our office with a full wall of bookcases.  I am so excited those photo albums will finally have a home.

I am finding that when I am photographing my family I am really in the process of stopping time for one brief moment.  I want to capture that one second in time when Caroline was exactly who she was at that moment.  I want to capture Brynn's fascination with being a different character each day.  I want to capture Russell's sweet checks.
So that one day when I am old my photo albums will turn into my own personal time machine. 


 2. 6.14
I decided to record the girls' height on the door frame.  They were more excited that I was writing on the wall. 



The reason why I love this picture of Brynn so much is because she is standing on her tip toes to see my line.  One day she won't have to stand up tall to see it.  She will be a big grown girl; my girl.


When you can stand on your own two feet it will be your turn, Russ.

2 comments:

Joe Average Writer said...

This is awesome. I just try to do the same with words. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.

carrie said...

Love this post! You are amazing!