Thursday, November 14, 2013

Down on the farm...

I woke up one morning when Russell was about 4 weeks old and realized that I could not sit in my house for one more minute.  It seemed like I had done nothing but sit in my brown recliner and nurse a baby for 4 weeks straight.  I needed a change of scenery.  So we researched some local farms and pumpkin patches and found Hill Ridge Farms near Wake Forest.  We packed up the girls, packed up diapers for the boy, let Caroline skip school and hit the road.  I was determined to run away from home for the day.
Best decision.  We had the best time.  




Ok, so instead of a sand pit for the kids to play in they had a corn pit.  The girls had a ball.  The funniest part is I used to play in corn like this on my grandfather's farm when I was Caroline's age.  I climbed in myself and brought back some good memories.  


While I was nursing Russell Kevin and the girls went down this slide over and over.  They LOVED it.  


They had a hay ride around the farm.  Before we got started the driver snapped this picture.  It is our first family portrait with all our babies.  

Too Too made an appearance on the hay ride.

Jumping on hay bails  

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That place looks awesome! we will have to go there next year.

Andrea said...

That picture of Brynn at the top of the slide is PRICELESS.