Thursday, September 1, 2011

12 for 12


Tomorrow is our 12 year anniversary! In honor of 12 years I thought I would share 12 facts about me and Kevin. Brace yourselves.

12. Kevin and I were married on a Thursday. We were married in Washington DC. If we would have waited 4 more months we could have been married in Raleigh which is closer to home but we didn't want to wait.

11. We got married during a hurricane. Hurricane Dennis hit near Wilmington 2 days before we got married, went out to sea long enough for us to drive to DC and get married, and then hit again the night of our first reception. We had so many left overs from the reception because only half the people we planned for came.

10. The morning we got married I was a nervous wreck. I could barely eat, could barely sleep and what was Kevin doing? He was watching Sports Center. This will become a common theme throughout our marriage

9. Kevin and I didn't like each other the first time we met. He came over to a FHE that I helped plan and made fun of the activities. I told him he could leave and he did. A few weeks later we were friends and hanging out. Kevin, our friend Shannon and I were all best friends for about a year before Kevin and I started dating.

8. Our first date was dinner and a play at Thalian Hall in Downtown Wilmington. We saw "Of Mice and Men" and I sat with my arms folded the ENTIRE time. I was so nervous I barley spoke to him or even looked at him during the play. Our second date was another play, "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof". He knew that was one of my favorite movies and it was great. I was more relaxed that time.

7. Kevin proposed to me at the Fragrance Garden. He came over to my apartment and asked if I wanted to go for a walk and I just knew.

6. Our song is..."Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns and Roses.

5. I made Kevin drive to my mom's house to ask for her permission to marry me. We were both scared for the hour and a half drive. And for good reason: my mom pulled a knife on him when he talked to her. She was trying to be funny but I am not sure...

4. We almost moved to Philadelphia. Kevin was accepted to a PA school there and was even offered a scholarship but we really wanted to go to Emory. The only problem was we had to answer the Philly school before we heard from Emory. We prayed about it and felt Philly was not for us. Two weeks later we found out Kevin was wait listed for Emory. One month later Kevin was accepted to Emory.

3. Kevin missed the first 2 weeks of Caroline's life. She was born on Friday, Kevin moved to Atlanta on Monday and then came back to get us 2 weeks later. I was staying with his parents.

2. The night I went into labor with Brynn, Kevin had just walked in the door from working the night shift at work. When she was born at 8:52 am he had been awake for 25 hours. Later that afternoon when I caught him nodding off I sent him home while my mom stayed with me at the hospital.

1. I married my best friend. When we were dating we would talk for hours and we haven't really stopped. I am myself when I am around him. I am in awe of his kindness. I love what a great father he is. I am so lucky he picked me.

I love you, babe!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Tina said...

So fun!! Loved reading this Toni! Happy Anniversary!!