Thursday, February 2, 2012

Film is not Dead...

If I looked hard enough, somewhere in this house is the first picture I ever took. When I was about 8 years old a family friend gave me a CHEAP plastic camera that didn't have numbers on the lens but pictures of clouds, a sun, and a bulb. I had no idea what I was doing but I saw a beautiful pine tree with snow on it and I knew I NEEDED to capture it. I needed some way to put that tree in my back pocket, so I took the picture. That started my obsession with cameras, pictures, and film.

My fascination with film was tabled a few years ago when I purchased my first digital camera and while I love it, it doesn't hold the magic that film does for me.
So I decided to get back to my roots. Thanks to some advice from my friend, Jackie H., I purchased an eBook from the insanely talented Jonathan Canlas, dug out my old film SLRs, bought me some film and went to town.

The following pictures are straight from the camera. They have not been post-edited. Period!








Sick, right!

I love film! Always have and now, I always will!

**Post Edit: For you Jackie, The film is Portra 160 35mm. The camera is a mix between Minolta and a Cannon. And, get ready for this, I got them developed at TARGET! (((Newbie)))

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I love that last one!

jax from the harmon squad said...

Yay! Film is so yummy:) And I, of course, want to know all the details: what camera? film? where you got it developed? Can't wait to see more!

carrie said...

I love your talent!