Monday, September 21, 2009

All the proof you need...

When I was about 18 weeks along in my pregnancy I made a doctor's appointment to have an ultrasound done to determine the sex of the baby. Kevin couldn't make it because of work so I told the nurses not to tell me but to write it down on a piece of paper, fold it, and put it in an envelope so we could open it and find out together when he got home. I had a good feeling that we were having a girl and so when Kevin opened our business sized envelope and read the post-it note that said, "Girl! Congratulations!" I wasn't too surprised.

Fast forward 3 1/2 years later and that post-it note proved to be the understatement of the century! Not only do we have a cute little girl but we have a girly-girl. She loves all things pink and princess. She has more babies than the Octomom and her closet is second to
Imelda Marcos only. We went to Wilson this weekend because my sister had a baby (pictures to come) and my mom brought her a treasure trove of dress-up items. She had a Snow White costume, ballet slippers, tutu, dress, tights, etc. She got all of these things at a thrift store and thought Caroline would enjoy playing with them.

She underestimated my daughter.

Caroline immediately put the Snow White dress on and didn't take it off for a long time. At one point during the weekend she had on a leotard, a tutu and stripped pajama pants under her Snow White dress with Spongebob crocs on.

Yeah.

The most embarassing part isn't necessarily what she was wearing but the fact that I let her outside in that get up,
in the front yard,
in daylight.

And of course I got pictures...





4 comments:

shelley said...

of course you did - who wouldn't when it's so adorable! i love that pic of her hair twirling in a circle. very cool looking. you go girly girl!

jax from the harmon squad said...

Love it! Dress up is the best- my sisters and I had my aunt's old prom dresses from the 80's as part of our dress up collection. You should totally get some for Caroline, they make for GREAT pictures (especially when the dress is four times too big for your body)!

Sawyers Family said...

I love these pictures. You are GREAT at photography!
Of course Caroline is a BEAUTIFUL subject!

Joe Average Writer said...

I love it! And I love that we can read your blog again. Thanks.