Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer reading list

So I know that I am not teaching anymore but I decided to make myself a summer reading list (I know. Nerd, right?!) I have tried to take time out to read everyday, even if it is just 15 minutes. Kevin and I were talking the other day about books that we like and I realized that there are a lot of classics that I never read. (I think if the NC board finds out they will take away my teaching license) So I decided to make a summer reading list of classics that I should have read but didn't. I am going to list them and then write about them whenever I get a chance. I would love to hear what everyone out there is reading or what you would suggest I put on my list.

Summer 2008:
Anne of Green Gables - I know. I am 31 and am reading it for the first time.
Lord of the Flies - I am addicted to "Lost" and it got me thinking about this book.
The Catcher in the Rye
Their Eyes were watching God
Babbitt
Invisible Man

I don't know if I will get through these. I might (probably(more than likely(will))) change these by the end of the summer. Wish me luck. The good news is that I don't have any tests on these! (Don't get any ideas Jennifer Raspet:))

3 comments:

ansons said...

Don't worry. They would have to take away my license, too. I have read "Their Eyes" (I can't figure out how to do italics) and I remember liking it though I can't remember what it was about:) And "Lord of the Flies" is a classic. I am reading a fantasy book right now that I really like and normally I don't do fantasy. It is "Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson. Maybe next I should pick up "Anne" because I have not read them either, but the movies are good! Happy reading!

Adamson Family said...

Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite books. I think I've read the others but didn't love them or read them more then once. Have fun. I read a lot. I read a Nancy Drew mystery yesterday morning and that afternoon Jonas was pretending to read it. Cute!

Afton's mommy said...

I found you! Yeah! I can't believe you've never read Anne of Green Gables! If you want you can borrown my beat-up, dog-eared, marked-up, just-saved-it-from-the-dog-again copy! Missing you like crazy!

PS - no blog yet - who has the time?