Sunday, March 2, 2008

Nursery Day

Caroline went to nursery for the first time. It did not go well. Kevin took her into the nursery room and she went straight to the toys. I had to teach Sunday School, but apparently Caroline only lasted about 10 minutes when she realized that we were not in the room. The nursery leaders tried to comfort her and give her a snack but she was having none of it. Kevin was standing in the hallway and came in to sit with her. She put a death grip on him and would not let go. He finally took her out. When I got done with my class I decided to try it again. We went back in and she sat in my lap for a minute and then she decided to join the others for a snack. She sat and colored and played for awhile, but every now and then she would glance up to see if I was still there. She did much better with me in the room. Kevin and I have decided that we are going to treat this like we did when we helped her learn to put her self to sleep. That was a long hard week, but it was worth it. I know that as time goes on she will come to love nursery.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hey Toni,
My little guy is having the same problem. How has it been the last month? Is she doing better?
Jacob will have nothing to do with Nursery and will not be comforted by anyone but us. Let me know if you have any tricks up your sleeve!!
Tina