Tuesday, November 5, 2013

On the street where you live...

We bought a house.  

That is the most loaded sentence I have ever written.  I could write a post on how we just decided one day to see what we could find in this area.  I could write a whole post on all the houses we toured, compared, and agonized over.  We saw houses across the street from each other.  I think we saw a house in every subdivision in this area.  We knew exactly what we wanted: 4 bedrooms, 2 car garage, nice school district, plenty of space to raise our family, etc.  But there were plenty of houses that fit that description.  What I was looking for was our home, the home we would bring our baby boy to, the home we would decorate our Christmas tree in, the home we would read our girls their bedtime stories.   I knew we would get that feeling, we would know when we found the right one.  Of course we did but it wasn't the house I thought we would ever go for.  

The house we fell in love with was built in 1989 and only had one owner.  It hasn't been updated since the day it was built.  In fact there is a sticker in the microwave that says the manufacturing date is January 1989!  But it was ours. I just knew it.  I imagined our furniture here.  I imagined our babies here.  I imagined all the holidays here.  We saw a house across the street and I kept staring at this one.  I compared all the other houses to this one.  Now don't get me wrong, it needs some work.  We have already changed a few things in our limited time but we have a lifetime of projects to do.  

And I can't wait...


The Before:
So this is the sunroom and about 50% of the reason I bought the house.  I love this room.  I have big plans for it. 

This is the family room.   


This is the front room.  It will be our office.

An eat-in kitchen

The kitchen that Ferris Bueller would be proud of.

After:
(Well, kind of.  We painted the trim and painted some of the rooms but like I said we have a lot of work to do.)

Caroline's Room  She picked out Glad Yellow


Brynn "picked" Dancing Green"


Russell's room is Honest Blue

No comments: